The Asia and Oceania region is a unique place where the number of usable modernized navigation satellites will increase much faster than other areas in the world. We will see great improvement of Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) capability and hence there is a great opportunity to try, test and validate new receiver hardware, algorithms and applications in order to address user requirements.
Main Objectives of the Campaign are to:
- ・Encourage and promote the introduction and utilization of satellite positioning, navigation and timing services in the Asia and Oceania region through assistance with the integration of GNSS services into their infrastructures,
- ・Promote new multi-GNSS utilization and applications in the region and feedback needs and requirements related to interoperability from user communities to GNSS providers, and
- ・Encourage GNSS provider and users in Asia Oceania region to develop new applications and carry out experiment or demonstration jointly.
Asia Oceania Multi-GNSS Demonstration Campaign is a series of activities over a period of five years from 2010. The campaign comprises the following three parts:
- 1) Infrastructure Establishment
- In order to produce precise orbit and clock offset for multi-GNSS constellation, the Multi-GNSS Monitoring Network will be established under international cooperation.
- 2) Projects
- Joint application developments and experiments of new or extended multi GNSS applications, such as Disaster Management, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Precise Positioning, and Location Based Systems are promoted among GNSS providers, Receiver manufacturers, local service providers, administrations and universities in Asia Oceania region.
- 3) Regional Workshop
- Regional Workshop on GNSS will be organized annually in the Asia Oceania region where there will be reports on the joint experiments and results as well as proposals for new joint project.